Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pastor Rattles the Cage of Religion Again: Steve Gray's Book, 'My Absurd Religion' Exposes Weakness in America's Churches

Photo: Christian Newswire

Pastor Rattles the Cage of Religion Again: Steve Gray's Book, 'My Absurd Religion' Exposes Weakness in America's Churches

KANSAS CITY, Missouri, October 27 /Christian Newswire/ -- Steve Gray, the Emmy® award winning pastor banned from GodTube, has driven another nail in the coffin of what he terms "dead religion" with his new book " My Absurd Religion - By Which I Make My Living" released on October 28, 2008.

With a firm belief that "everyone deserves to experience the presence of God," Steve Gray is relentless in his fight against "my absurd religion." This pastor is not bashing gays, abortionists or politicians. "Neither John nor Jesus preached to the pagan Romans and neither do I. I'm calling on the religious leaders in America to make some big changes - quickly - before God removes his presence completely."

Gray's latest book, "My Absurd Religion - By Which I Make My Living" hits hard at the pet doctrines of American churches. "America is in crisis," he believes. "Is Religion to blame?" By exposing weaknesses in current religious thought, Gray attempts to restore Biblical Christianity to the churches of America.

Aware of the criticism he may be facing from the release of this new book, Gray defends his stance, "I am not taking wild swings at someone else's religion. I am trying to rescue my own." With over 30 years in the ministry, Gray speaks expertly to the crisis situation he believes American religion is in and offers solutions to fix the problems preventing ordinary people from experiencing God.

Banned from GodTube, The Steve & Kathy Show is another attempt by Gray to rescue the church. Winner of a 2008 Emmy® award, this faithbased variety TV show spoofs religious absurdities he believes infuriate the very people we are trying to reach. "Most people who don't go to church are not anti-God," Gray states, "they are just anti-religion. They are fed up with what religion has become."

Gray pastors World Revival Church of Kansas City, previously known as the Smithton Outpouring and reported on by TIME, Newsweek and Charisma magazines. His church received media attention for the God-events that took place during his services in the late 90's and, most recently, since May 2, 2008 when an "upsurge of God's presence" blew in and once again is attracting media attention and visitors from around the world.

3mnewswire.org

No comments:

Pages